Protecting Personal Information
At Tingle, we recognize the importance of privacy and recognize the sensitivity of Personal Information received by Us in the course of offering the Tingle dating service (the “Service”).“Personal Information” means all information about an identifiable individual. We recognize Our legal obligation to maintain the confidentiality of Our End Users’ Personal Information, and recognize Our obligations concerning the Personal Information of all individuals that We collect, use or disclose in offering the Service.
We take appropriate physical, electronic and other security measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure.
Personal Information We May Collect
Tingle collects certain Personal Information from You in order to create Your online dating profile, including but not limited to your name, e-mail address, age and gender, and telephone number. We presently do not retain any financial information, such as credit card numbers, nor do we retain your mailing address for any purpose.
We may collect other types of information when You use the Service. For example:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as Your IP address, Your browser type and language, and the date and time of Your visit, which helps Us track End User activity;
- We may assign Your computer one or more “cookies” which may collect information to facilitate access to Our Web Site;
- We may use standard Internet tools, such as web beacons, which collect information that tracks Your use of Our Web Site.
How We May Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use Personal Information to:
- fulfill Your requests for products and services;
- offer products and services that may be of interest to You;
- facilitate Your use of Our Web Site and mobile application;
- manage Your account and Your preferences;
- customize the content and advertising that You see on our Web Site and mobile application;
- identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other mis-uses of the Service; and
- enforce our Agreement with You.
If You post Personal Information about Yourself or others, or communicate with others using the Service, We cannot completely control who reads Your postings or what they do with the Personal Information You provide. You should use caution in posting Personal Information.
You hereby consent to Tingle publicly displaying Your photographic and video images that you have uploaded to Our Web Site or mobile application to other End Users. Tingle enables End Users to update Your location passively or actively and make that data available to other End Users who have been identified as “friends” within the Service. You hereby consent to Tingle making available your location based information to other End Users whom You have selected as friends. If you use a bulletin board or chat room on Our Web Site or mobile application, You should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personal Information You submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Tingle is not responsible for the Personal Information You choose to submit in these forums. For example, if You choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, Tingle will collect that information from Your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
You acknowledge that:
(a) We cannot ensure the security or privacy of Personal Information You provide through the Internet and Your e-mail messages, and You release Tingle and Our parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with the use of such Personal Information by other parties;
(b) We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any Personal Information which You provide to them and You should use caution in selecting the Personal Information You provide to others through the Service; and
(c) We cannot assume any responsibility for the content of messages sent by other users of the Service, and You release Tingle and Our parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with the contents of any communications You may receive from other users. We cannot guarantee, and assume no responsibility for verifying, the accuracy of the information provided by other users of the Service.
Tingle does not sell or rent Your Personal Information to other marketers.
With Whom We May Share Personal Information We Collect
Tingle will not share Your Personal Information with others except as indicated below, or except where We inform You in advance and give You the ability to opt out. We may share Personal Information with:
- service providers, such as credit card payment processors, performing services on Our behalf;
- third-party companies that provide various services (including but not limited to instant messaging and GPS location capabilities) when You use this Service. If You use those services, the internet protocol address (IP address) of the computer you are using to access the Tingle Web Site may be disclosed to those third party companies, and We may use attributes (including but not limited to age and gender) that you provide in your public profile to display relevant ads to you. Tingle is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third party companies or any other external web sites linked to this Service. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these other web sites when you leave Our Web Site or Mobile Application; and
- other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud and protecting the safety of our End Users.
We may share aggregated, non personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and other third parties.
Access and Changes to Your Personal Information
You may request access to your Personal Information and the ways in which that information has been used and disclosed.
You may change Your Personal Information at any time and may withdraw Your consent to Our collection, use or disclosure of Your Personal Information upon reasonable written notice to Us. However, any withdrawal is subject to contractual and legal restrictions. You may also change Your account or change Your account settings at any time.
How to Contact Us
If You have any questions with respect to Our policies concerning the handling of Your Personal Information, or if You wish to request access to, or correction of, Your Personal Information under Our care and control, please contact us via email at: email@example.com